Our mission is to assert the presence and significance of Asian American artists as vital to the fabric of American theatre. We challenge popular prescriptions of culturally specific theatre by doing the following:
- We amplify Asian American voices and stories about the Asian American experience.
- We create opportunities for Asian artists on-stage and off-stage.
- We produce classic plays and musicals through an Asian American lens with Asian American artists, as well as develop new work that focuses on the Asian American experience.
- We proactively invite new audiences to our theatre.
- We employ technology and new methods of storytelling and communication.
- We encourage artists to stake new creative territories by pushing Asian American theatre beyond easily identifiable markers using traditional and non-traditional Eastern and Western forms of storytelling.
- We work to develop, foster and expand Asian American theatre into a major force in the national arts landscape.